Google Optimize and Optimize 360 will no longer be available after September 30, 2023. Any experience still active on that date will end.
Yesterday I received this email from Google with the subject line Google Optimize Sunset. I was kinda shocked when saw it because the discontinuation of Optimize may affect the marketer’s A/B testing to optimize their website or App user’s experience.
What is A/B Testing?
A/B testing is a method to improve the user experience it also refers as Split Testing. In A/B testing marketers used two or more versions of their website or app and show them to different users at the same time to understand the user behaviour and to determine which version is best for the business.
Why Google Did This (Google Optimize Sunset)
Google launched, Google Optimize over 5 years ago to enable businesses of all sizes to easily test and improve their user experiences. They know the value of A/B testing for marketers and they are planning to add new ways to bring experimentation at scale to businesses in the coming weeks. Google also claims that google optimize doesn’t meet the expectation of their users so they decided to continue the optimize and 360 optimize.
As they mentioned they are planning to add new ways for the betterment of businesses. So get ready to hear the new announcements from Google Soon.
I saw on Twitter Marketers are expressing their feelings about shutting down google optimize and most of them are not happy with that.
Here are some tweets
You can access google optimize up to 30 September make sure you’ll make full utilization of it. And For more information, visit Google Help Center.
6 Alternatives of Google Optimize
Google Optimize will sunset soon so it’s better to keep your option open for the future. These are the best alternatives for Google optimize.
1. Optimizely: Optimizely is a Digital Experience platform. This helps you to Create content that wows, run experiments at scale, and power your commerce business — all with the world’s leading and fully-composable Digital Experience Platform
2. VMO Testing : VMO is best for A/B testing. A/B test anything & measure its impact everywhere. Import and aggregate all metrics you care about and measure how they get impacted by your experiments.
- Track both leading and lagging indicators for your experiment’s impact
- Keep an eye on guardrail metrics to stop bad experiments early on
3. Convert: Convert claims better site experience. You can opt for a 15-day trial to check out its services and support. Convert also Advanced testing, Most plans come with unlimited projects, tests, and domains. Plus advanced developer options, 90+ integrations, and Live Logs for QA. Grow without interruptions.
4. Unbounce: Unbounce is an AI-powered landing page builder with smart features that let you create beautiful, high-performing marketing campaigns in just a few minutes. It will run an A/B test of your landing pages without I.T.
5. AB Tasty: AB Tasty is the fastest-growing provider of AI-powered experimentation & personalization, helping businesses drive more conversions and revenue on all their digital assets. It provides marketing and product teams with an easy-to-use optimization platform, allowing them to turn website visitors into customers, subscribers or leads while delivering outstanding user experiences.
6 Adobe: With Adobe Target, you get AI-powered user experience testing, personalization and automation at scale, so you can find that one customer out of a million, and give them what they want.
When does Google optimize and 360 optimize stop working?
Google Optimize and Optimize 360 will no longer be available after September 30, 2023.
Can we use Google Optimize?
You can use Google Optimize up to 30th September 2023.
Can we access our Data on Google Optimize after 30th September 2023?
No, You can’t access your Data after 30th September 2023. Better to download your reports before sunset.